access() function does not work under windows

From: yazwas
Subject: access() function does not work under windows
Date: 25 May 2007 13:41:59 -0700

Hello,
I'm trying to write a cross platform directory lister and copier,
using standard C/C++, I'm using MinGW under windows, and I'm trying to
use access() function to get file/dir permission, but it does not
work, I'm getting ok all the time, my code is something like this
if(access(dir, X_OK) != 0)
            ...... do something,

but it never gives -1, its always 0 even for directories I don't have
permission to,

does anyone has any idea why is this happening under windows, for
linux its ok, but windows its another story,

thankx in advance,