Re: "-Winline" and "-fno-inline" conflict with each other

From: Pedro Lamarão
Subject: Re: "-Winline" and "-fno-inline" conflict with each other
Date: 29 May 2007 08:40:26 -0700

On May 29, 1:57 am, jon wayne <jon.wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I x with -Wiinline, I get no warnings - so I assumed that
> function has been inlined; but when I compile it with both -Winline
> and fno-line - i still don't get to see any warnings ! Isn't that
> incorrect???

I don't know the specifics of this code, but it doesn't sound
contradictory to me.

-Winline is supposed to warn about functions that you ask to be
inlined but doesn't get inlined for some reason.
-fno-inline means that you desire that no functions are inlined.

If you desire that no functions get inlined, why should the compiler
warn about functions not getting inlined?
That's what you asked for.

--
 Pedro Lamarão