Problems linking together gtk and openssl on F7

From: Robert Cahn
Subject: Problems linking together gtk and openssl on F7
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:21:31 -0400

I've just going up the learning curve on gtk.  I've been compiling code using the line

gcc sv.c -o sv `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

This sucks in all the libraries I need for the gtk widgets and events.  I've now added

#include <openssl/md5.h>

to the code since I need to compute a MD5 hash.   When I do I get hit by

/tmp/ccMdgAXK.o: In function `callback':
sv.c:(.text+0x1c4): undefined reference to `MD5_Init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

How to I keep pkg-config linking the libraries I need for the gtk but add the library for the openssl code?

Thanks in advance,
/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512