Re: 2 pass compiling

From: Piotr Sawuk
Subject: Re: 2 pass compiling
Date: 09 Jul 2007 00:11:16 GMT

In article <1182328987.289405.216890@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
        =?iso-8859-2?q?Seweryn_Habdank-Wojew=F3dzki?= <habdank@gmail.com>
writes:
> Dears
>
> I heard some theories, that "it is easy" NOT to force user to properly
> order definitions in classes. And all can be done in two pass

the same would go for declaring variables: the compiler could easily
figure out the variable-type with a second pass. but it doesn't do
so since it would be confusing for the programmer! not all circular
dependencies actually result in meaningful code, so I guess it is
best to avoid all of them anyway. I too experienced this problem:
forward-declaration of a class who's declaration is located within
another class is not allowed in g++, it seems. but is is useful?
--
Better send the eMails to netscape.net, as to
evade useless burthening of my provider's /dev/null...