g++ and -fstack-check

From: mathieu
Subject: g++ and -fstack-check
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:01:13 -0000

Hello,

  I am looking for some help on using -fstack-check. Here is the
description of the issue I am having. I am experiencing a very bizarre
stack corruption that I reproduce by setting a hardware breakpoint on
an int within gdb. At first I tought this was simply a miscompilation
and recompile everything. But then recompiling the code with -fstack-
check made the issue go away...

  My program is not threaded, I do not see anything reported by
valgrind at all. So I am stuck here in not knowing what to do.

  Why would my issue go away when recompiling simply with -fstack-
check ?

Thanks for comments,
-Mathieu

Using: debian oldstable