Re: valgrind: failed to start tool 'memcheck' for platform 'x86-linux':

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: valgrind: failed to start tool 'memcheck' for platform 'x86-linux': No such file or directory
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:19:19 -0700

JeanDean <rohits123@gmail.com> writes:

> I have successfully installed the valgrind-3.2.3 but it is resulting
> in following error

Please read

The relevant details are: what OS are you using, how did you
configure valgrind, what does 'strace valgrind /bin/echo' show
(valgrind is trying to find it's "memcheck" tool, but apparently
is looking in the wrong place for it).

> Any sort of suggestion will be appreciated .

This is also inappropriate group for that question -- it has
*nothing* to do with g++.

Correct forum is valgrind-users list, found from valgrind home page.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.