Re: openmp

From: skaller
Subject: Re: openmp
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:21:15 -0000

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:22:56 -0700, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

> skaller <skaller@users.sf.net> writes:
>
>>> [Do you know how to use google?]
>>
>> Sure. I did use Google. But I didn't find the information I was looking
>> for in a reasonable amount of time,
>
> Just for the record, I didn't know the answer either, and found it in
> about 2 minutes of googling.

It's in an obvious place too: the gnu/gcc pages. Duh..

Still, while doing stuff I'm often looking up MANY references,
and these often lead to further searches leading to a combinatorial
explosion -- built gcc 4.3 only to find it doesn't work
(missing .spec file ..), upgrade two Linux distros so now 4.2 is
available from Ubuntu as a package that problem is solved,
but of course the upgrades were a pain.. and this in
conjunction with studying Boehm gc to see if I should replace my
own with it.

As well as looking at whether __builtin_expect works (see previous
query), and any other optimisations I can use to get better
performance ...

.. it isn't surprising I missed the obvious is it?

Anyhow, thanks for your trouble, I'm sure I'll trouble you again,
since you seem to actually know what you're talking about,
a rare and valuable attribute .. :)

Try Felix, the successor to C++ http://felix.sf.net