GLIBC conformance

From: Gerd Keller
Subject: GLIBC conformance
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:07:30 +0100

Hello,

I am new to gcc and linux.

I have build an programm with ubuntu 7.10. There it is running fine.

but it is supposed to run on an debian machine. when starting the
application there i get the following error message:

# ./server.sh
.
./AdyosServer_eclipse: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found
(required by ./Server)
./AdyosServer_eclipse: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found
(required by ./libccgnu2-1.6.so.0)

the debian machine uses glibc 2.32

Do the glibc version have to be identicaly?

I have read that upgrading/downgrading glibc is a heavy task. So this seems
not to be the solution to me.

Is there a compiler switch to toggle a specific glibc version or to make the
binary glibc conform.

Do you know another solution to the problem?

Probably this is not exactly the right place here. Do you know a good
newsgroup/forum for this topic?
- gcc and linux cross plattform compiling

--
regards,
Gerd