Re: How do I convert and validate numeric data to a string object?

From: Pep
Subject: Re: How do I convert and validate numeric data to a string object?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 05:32:07 -0800 (PST)

Thomas Maeder wrote:

<snip>

Thanks Thomas, I now understand my misunderstanding and thanks for tip
on (not) using exceptions.what() method and the clear explanation of
why I am receiving an exception from the istringstream for the "legal"
conversion :)

I found out later that the reason that strtol was not working
correctly was because this code has an old internal implementation of
that std method, so having eradicated that, the method now works as
expected which is a great relief. I have since written a method
dependent on strtol which now does what I want.

Thanks very much for your help and sorry for the late reply, I've
actually been allowed to take some time off in the last few days, woo
hoo :)

Thanks,
Pep.