From a software point of view

From: address@hidden
Subject: From a software point of view
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:00:54 -0800 (PST)

hi All,
with latest increase in capacity in most of the servers, just give me
a feasibiilty analysis for a tool that runs in 20 G or virtual memory
usage with 11g resident.

Are there software standards that rate behvaior with memory
consumption. I guess you need some metrics like the kind of code and
the complexity it is working upon.

Just for the standards measure I would like to know if there is a
quick referenc anywhere. I am seeing my tool reaching that kind of
virtual memory and the performance really slacks done. For simulations
like that gdb is not able to attach the pid properly. Valigrind spills
out.
So there must be some kind of limitation on the overall infrastructure
and there should be a configuration chart for tools of that kind.

I may not be able to surmise the complexity chart in one single mail
for the tool. I can tell you it is a compiler for languages like
verilog and vhdl and can compile them both .