Exception handling implementation.

From: al . skidan
Subject: Exception handling implementation.
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 06:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

My question is simple: are there any documentation about exception
handling implementation in GCC (G++)? I managed to find C++ ABI for
Itanium at codesourcery ( http://www.codesourcery.com/public/cxx-abi/
). But it's a generic information with no examples etc. For ex. I
wonder what .eh_frame section is and where  can I get an information
about it? The same is for .gcc_except_table section. Mainly I don't
understand the way a stack is being unwound. It seems as though the
unwinding mechanism depends on DWARF information.

Thank you in advance,
Oleksii

P.S. Beg me pardon for my English spelling & grammar, I'm not a native
English speaker, I do my best ;-)