Re: simple program does not compile with g++-4.3 but with g++-4.2

From: Pedro Lamarão
Subject: Re: simple program does not compile with g++-4.3 but with g++-4.2
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:49:18 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 ago, 13:00, Emanoil Kotsev <delop...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't like somebody to decide on behalf of me if I should port my code or
> not. This is called integrity and compatibility and the present situation
> is absolutely not reliable.

You are certainly free to write non portable code -- which may not
compile with newer versions of your compiler.
But that is exactly your problem here, isn't it?

Your example program is not ISO C++, it's ancient C++.
To compile ancient C++ you will have to stick with ancient compilers.
If you want to use current and future compilers, you must write ISO C+
+.

--
 P.