Re: error: enclosing class templates are not explicitly specialized

From: Thomas Maeder
Subject: Re: error: enclosing class templates are not explicitly specialized
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:08:21 +0200

piotr5@unet.univie.ac.at (Piotr Sawuk) writes:

> gcc-version 4.1.2
>
> error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope 'class
> _BRInsertSort_HelperClass<V, Less>'
> error: enclosing class templates are not explicitly specialized

What line does the error refer to?

And please reduce your code to the bare minimum (no more, no less)
that still causes g++ to produce the error message.

> what does this error mean? how can I fix it? could someone
> please test it with other compilers/versions? does my program
> actually obey the c++ standard?

No. But none of the obvious errors (which I mention below) seems to be
related to your problem.

> my source-code is:
>
> #include <functional>
>
> template <class V, class Less>
> class _BRInsertSort_HelperClass{

Names containing __ or starting with _[A-Z] are reserved to the C++
implementation. We mere users must not declare them.

> void main()

The return type of the main() function has to be int.