RE: GNU GRUB 0.97

From: Gregg C Levine
Subject: RE: GNU GRUB 0.97
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:42:02 -0500

Hello!
I see.
>From what I recall, the GRUB2 list, but not help-grub was originally to be
used for discussing the bugs on it, then when Help-Grub was launched the bug
issues landed there, then if an issue demanded it then it would return to
the Grub2 list.

Finally the Bug-Grub list was to be used to continue (trying to) support the
people who are using it and probably having problems. I myself still feel
that the best way to understand how the boot process for the Grub Legacy
mechanics works is to read its code, and the info files included with each
and every install.

But ideally and first and foremost and all that, you did the right thing.
There are going to be a lot of confused users out there who do not
understand how their systems boot, even after reading the screens presented
by their operating system installers.
--
Gregg C Levine address@hidden