Re: Grub refuses to hide/unhide

From: Simon Detheridge
Subject: Re: Grub refuses to hide/unhide
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:07:27 +0100

Thanks, I'm still using grub 1.

As you can see from my example below, the numbering is correct. For example, I can say: "root (hd0,0)" from a prompt, and it says there's a partition there and tells me the type (0x07 or 0x17 depending on what I set in fdisk) -- It's just that then when I say "hide (hd0,0)" it fails.

That's the puzzling thing. "hide" says "no such partition", where "root" can clearly see one.

Quoting Franklin PIAT <address@hidden>:

Hello,

What version of grub do you use ?

In case you switched to grub2, note that the partition numbering has
changed (to match linux numbering) :
 | linux*    | grub1   | grub2   |
? | /dev/sda1 ?| (hd0,0) ?| (hd0,1) |
? | /dev/sda2 ?| (hd0,1) ?| (hd0,2) |