GRUB2 on FreeBSD7

From: Unga
Subject: GRUB2 on FreeBSD7
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi all

I have seen on many places including bugs-grub mailing list that GRUB2 is
compatible with FreeBSD and thought of give it a try.

I have compiled and installed GRUB2 (grub-1.96.tar.gz) from sources on FreeBSD
7.0 on i386.

I have following questions regarding that:

1. Do I have to copy any GRUB2 file into /boot/grub/ directory as before for
GRUB1?

2. Before install GRUB2 on MBR, how do I verify that GRUB2 can access FreeBSD
ufs2 file systems?

3. Where should I place grub.cfg? Is it /boot/grub/ ?

4. Is the following grub.cfg correct to boot FreeBSD?

# Timeout for menu
set timeout=10

# Set default boot entry as Entry 0
set default=0

# Entry 0 - Load FreeBSD kernel
menuentry "FreeBSD Kernel on (hd0,1)" {
    set root=(hd0,1)
    kernel /boot/loader
}

5. Are there any more configurations to be performed?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Unga