Booting a new 64-bit OS with grub 0.97

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Booting a new 64-bit OS with grub 0.97
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:11:54 -0300

I know grub 0.9x is not supported anymore but I've got to ask: Is it
possible to boot a multiboot compliant 64-bit OS with grub 0.97? Or a
64-bit OS cannot be compliant with the legacy grub?

I am trying to port a little 32-bit OS on its very early days to a
64-bit version. The original version boots using grub but the 64-bit
don't. I keep receiving the error 13.

Any thoughts or leads on this would be very much appreciated.

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos