grub2 efi + lvm hangs after loading initrd

From: lideony
Subject: grub2 efi + lvm hangs after loading initrd
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:37:29 +0200

Hi

I already spent a lot of time but I can't get grub2 to work. I used the latest grub version from svn and compiled and created the grub image like described here: http://grub.enbug.org/TestingOnEFI. I placed the image and modules on my efi partition and select grub.efi from the refit menu.

Mac OS X boots fine with grub2 but I can't get linux to boot. I use lvm on my boot and root volume on a macbook pro 5,1 and have the following problem:
After selecting linux in the grub2 menu I get the following output:
Booting a command list
[Linux-bzImage, set=0x3200,size=0x1f918]
[Initrd, addr=0x4fd6f004, size]
I've read that other people have the same problem when they use lvm...

This is my grub.cfg

timeout=10
menuentry "Mac OSX 10.6" {
  root=(hd0,2)
  chainloader /usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
}
menuentry "Arch Linux" {
        insmod lvm
        fakebios
        root=(vg0-boot)
        linux /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/vg0-root noefi video=efifb agp=off
        initrd /kernel26.img

When creating the grub-mkimage I used these modules:
ata part_gpt part_msdos fat ntfs ntfscomp ext2 iso9660 udf hfsplus fshelp reboot normal chain linux xnu xnu_uuid ls search search_fs_file search_fs_uuid search_label help loopback cat tar boot configfile cpio sh echo lvm loadbios efi_gop multiboot multiboot2 relocator
Any help would be appreciated!

regards
Linus