solving blank screen during boot

From: Ilias Miroslav
Subject: solving blank screen during boot
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:04:44 +0200

Dear experts,

I'm writing you concerning the blank (bright violet) screen during boot after
upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 of my 4 core AMD64.
Here is the forum, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535.

My Grub is of version 1.99~rc1-13ubuntu3.

As I described on that forum,
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11258868&postcount=538, I was able to
boot Ubuntu 11.04
only with the parameter of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="vga=0x037d" in
"/etc/default/grub".

However,  this fix is not perfect.

I had to press keys and starton-button in order to continue the booting - to be
able to see rolling out the boot-up text and finally get the X-login screen.
For example, the boot often stops at line "ehci_hcd 0000....irq no, io mem
....", where I have to push thing with PC startup button.

Often I get into the "initframs>" command line where I have to write 'reboot'.

Please how do I have setup the "/etc/default/grub" parameters in order to get
smooth bootup/shutdown without pressing keys/startup button ?
I can provide with further details (logs).

Thanks,

Miro