pxe bootable dos image

From: geert geurts
Subject: pxe bootable dos image
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:25:49 +0100

Hello all.

I'm trying to boot into dos over pxe with a diskimage for storage.
I've created a disk image, and installed grub to the disk image.
Now I want to use syslinux's memdisk binary to boot to a dos floppy.
All over the internet it is shown in the following way:
kernel /memdisk
initrd /dosfloppyimage.img
boot

This works as expected if you install grub to a disk, but not when you install grub to an image.
I can boot the image, it starts loading first the image and then grub.
Then you'll get the grub prompt and it works as expected.
Only when you specify "kernel /memdisk"
it returns "[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x600, size=0x5afc]" but you don't get the grub prompt back and it gets stuck...
I believe it has something to do with the memory mapping or something...

Does anyone know how I can get this working?

Thanks.

Regards,
Geert