Re: Installing GRUB to drive image

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: Installing GRUB to drive image
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:38:36 -0700

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Charles Yost <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am attempting to install grub as the bootloader to a drive image.
> After attempting to use grub-install, then grub-mkimage and
> grub-setup, I cannot find a way to make it work. Can anyone help me?

What commands did you run, and in what way did they "not work"? (And
for future references this is the type of information that you should
start with when asking for support).

grub-mkrescue is probably the simplest way to make a bootable disk
image but kpartx and grub-install should work as well (with grub 1.99
or newer for the kpartx support).

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)