Re: change splash image in solaris

From: Gregg Levine
Subject: Re: change splash image in solaris
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 21:35:08 -0400

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM, omendra singh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks All for your time , i ll check if i can get hold of somebody from
> Oracle, i did not find much help on google . Is it possible that i replace
> the legacy GRUB in solais with GRUB2 , if so, how do i do that?
>
> Thanks & good wishes !
> Om
>
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Gregg Levine <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Jordan Uggla <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>> > I'm pretty sure that Solaris 10 uses grub legacy, this support channel
>> > only supports grub2. Your best bet is probably to try Solaris support
>> > venues.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)

>> Hello!
>> Yes Jordan you are indeed correct. Solaris 10 on Intel (X86 and X64)
>> both use Grub-Legacy. Grub2 is still being developed further as
>> applies to being used to boot a Solaris image. (It might work but I
>> would not suggest it.)
>>
>> Ideally first try the support channels available to you via the Oracle
>> site.
>>
>> Please also try first editing the list fill to suit your needs.
>> -----
>> Gregg C Levine address@hidden
>> "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."

Hello!
For Solaris? You'd need to build it yourself after retrieving it from
the appropriate sources. Also please make sure you have all of your
proper build tools installed. And then please make sure you keep the
list updated, this does not mean responding just me.

-----
Gregg C Levine address@hidden