Re: GRUB2 MYway ;/

From: Felix Miata
Subject: Re: GRUB2 MYway ;/
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:49:56 -0500

On 2012-11-25 08:21 (GMT-0800) upscope composed:

I have dual boot system, the first installed is my
production system. The other two drives have various other version constantly
changing. Since Grub2 has worked perfectly with first installed I am looking
for a way to keep it there.

1-Dual means exactly two. If you have more than one bootable OS, you do not have dual boot; you do have multiboot. Even if you do have dual boot, you still have multiboot, as multiboot means more than one bootable OS.

2-When installing additional distro, install its Grub to its /boot or /[1], after which boot the original to update master Grub to add stanza to chainload the addition. This way there is no need to disturb MBR or default boot behavior.

[1] This should be default behavior of every distro's installer when already exists any installed OS that is not to be overwritten by the new installation.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/