error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'

From: vinayak holikatti
Subject: error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:26:04 +0530

Hi All,

I am developing an Legacy Option ROM for our controller. We are facing issue in loading FC 17 installed on our device. Windows 8 Installs and boots fine. But for FC 17 32-bit we find an error message during booting as below

"error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'
Entering rescue mode...
grub_rescue>

I am suspecting that INT13 routine with function 48h ( Get Extended Drive parameters). If we disable  extended functions then FC 17 boots.

I would like to know in what circumstances we get the error message. If it needs to be corrected then what should it be.

Thanks in Advance.

--
Regards,
Vinayak Holikatti