Re: grub2-mkconfig with root on rootfs

From: Y
Subject: Re: grub2-mkconfig with root on rootfs
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 13:56:38 +0200

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Peter Volkov <address@hidden> wrote:
We are using may be strange but rather convenient scheme of booting
linux where real system root is all inside initramfs (/init is symlink
to /sbin/init). Everything works fine but grub2-mkconfig that ends out
the error:
Hi,

To me, this looks a lot like the way I boot TinyCore:
I choose a partition (in my case a FAT32 partition), and I note its ID. On it, I store vmlinuz (the kernel) and core.gz (the root filesystem), in my case in a directory named ".boot/corelnx", and I configure Grub2 this way (relevant parts):

insmod part_msdos
insmod fat
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root MY_FAT_PARTITION_ID

menuentry "Start CoreLinux" {
        linux /.boot/corelnx/vmlinuz
        initrd /.boot/corelnx/core.gz
}