Fw: Grub2 skips standard linux initialization code ?

From: devzero
Subject: Fw: Grub2 skips standard linux initialization code ?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:51:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

does somebody know why grub2 skips linux x86 boot/initialization code, leading
to weird results that a distro`s boot/installation cd behaves different than
the installed system - with the same kernel ?

it seems that things like vga init and cpu checking are not executed in the
kernel when booted via grub2.
you need to change linux/initird params to linux16/initrd16 to make grub behave
like old grub.

regards
roland