Re: GRUB2 & Booting from ISO on LVM

From: Jorge Fábregas
Subject: Re: GRUB2 & Booting from ISO on LVM
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:26:52 -0400

On 01/28/2014 07:05 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> This has nothing to do with grub. Your initrd must expect and support
> access to LVM. It should include necesssary kernel modules, LVM user
> space components as well as scripts to activate LVs.

Thanks Andrey.  I kind of suspected this since GRUB did its thing: it
booted the ISO from ext/LVM but I thought that perhaps I was missing
some GRUB directive in order to allow the kernel to boot properly.

> You need to ask on Fedora list whether they support it and if yes, how
> to activate this feature.

I'll check with Clonezilla since that's the ISO image I'm trying to boot
from off LVM.

Thanks,
Jorge