Password and key

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Password and key
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:29:17 +0200

Hello, I’m trying to set up a secure —the most I can— X60t with
libreboot on it and GRUB as a payload. GNUtoo recommended me to set a
password to GRUB to stop potential attacker to execute any code on the
machine that could reflash the SPI chip, and then to encrypt the
*entire* disk and decrypt it with GRUB only.

I can see his GRUB configuration on Parabola wiki, here:
<https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/User:GNUtoo/laptop#Coreboot_Setup>. But
I don’t understand what are “cryptdevice” or “cryptkey” args…

Also, he found a way to integrate the decryption key in the initramfs of
Parabola so that he only has to enter it within GRUB, and not again
while boot. I’d have two questions:

a) since I don’t know yet how to put the key in the Debian initramfs, is
there a way to pass it as an argument to Linux instead? so that it’s
more portable and I only have to set up correctly GRUB and not have to
remember modifying the distro I install?

b) is there a way to set up the GRUB password and decryption key the
same so that the GRUB password can be used by cryptomount so that I only
enter one password once?

Thanks for any help ^^