Re: Grub menu/MBR modifications

From: Sverker Albatross
Subject: Re: Grub menu/MBR modifications
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 10:03:33 +0200

Thanks guys, sorry for being unclear. I'm not using grub-reboot, and I've certainly haven't done any administrative tasks. The only sudo command in my history is shutdown. This is a production computer.

This is what has happened:
1. Timeout is 10 s like it's always been.
2. Computer is left unattended.
3. Timeout has disappeared.
4. I do grub-install and setup (never can remember which one to use), don't get the expected run through of boot partitions, so I remove an older kernel package.
5. 10 s timeout is back

I've certainly not been messing with boot partitions/records lately so my question is: can this value somehow change by itself? How can I reproduce this phenomenon?