Re: Add a new command in Grub2

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Add a new command in Grub2
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:17:21 +0300

23.04.2016 02:14, manik sheeri пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I have an embedded system with grub2 as the bootloader and I am
> required to write a new command to achieve some functionality.
>
> I looked at the manual and could not find any API references or
> development manuals.
>
> Is there a reference for APIs ? Also, is there a guide on how to add a
> new command in grub2 ?

Unfortunately such documentation is missing.

> I can look at the source code of already existing commands and figure
> out how to add one but that is time consuming and not sure if I will
> be following correct methodology.

If you write for your own use, methodology does not really matter. If
you intend to submit it for inclusion upstream, it will be discussed anyway.

Start with some simple command in grub-core/commands, like echo or eval.
If you have specific questions, ask.