Re: Extracting config file from GRUB EFI image

From: SevenBits
Subject: Re: Extracting config file from GRUB EFI image
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:20:50 -0400

On 05/03/2016 11:56 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 04.05.2016 06:49, SevenBits пишет:

>>> normal

>>> Did you try to read README before asking?
>>

>> I can't access GitHub right now, which is why I asked. I'll check out the
>> script tomorrow.
>>

> BIS scans system for known bootloaders and bootloader related files. It
> is intended x86 systems with legacy boot (or, better - nobody tried it
> somewhere else). For supported bootloader it tries to parse binaries and
> display some more information.
>
> It has rudimentary support for EFI, but here the problem starts with
> simple fact that we have no way to even detect GRUB image - it may be
> stored under any name and located practically anywhere.

So, I've taken a look at the script, and while it appears to work, it
doesn't quite do what I need. The script scans my MBR, but I don't want
it to scan my MBR; I need to scan only *one* file that I have. Ideally,
I'd like to be able to pass the path of this file to the script.

In other words: I don't want to look at the system GRUB (which is using
legacy), but rather a specific GRUB EFI image on my hard drive.

Calling ./bootinfoscript -h gives the list of commands, but there isn't
any to specify the file to look at. Is there any way to accomplish this?