Re: Grub Always Boots to Rescue Mode

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: Grub Always Boots to Rescue Mode
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 11:13:20 +0100

I did a bit more experimenting and I reinstalled the distro from scratch
and grub still boots into rescue mode every time, and all that is required
to make it boot into normal mode is typing "normal" without changing any
variables.
Could this be some weird timeout issue? Is there a way to make grub print
out verbose debug info during stage 1 boot? What could be causing it to not
automatically go into normal mode when there is obviously no configuration
issue preventing it?
Is there a way to script what it does at stage 1 to make it retry "normal"
a few times?