Grub-install prints many 'node name not found' messages.

From: Baylis, Neil
Subject: Grub-install prints many 'node name not found' messages.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:23:55 +0000

I'm working on setting up grub for an embedded system. The grub I'm using is
from Debian Jessie ((GRUB) 2.02~beta2-22+deb8u1). Everything is working okay,
but during grub-install I see many repeated messages 'node name not found'. I
think these may be coming from efibootmgr.

Can anyone explain why these are happening, and how to get rid of them? We
don't like having to tell our users to ignore anything that looks like an error.

Thanks,

Neil Baylis