Coerce Grub2 to display partition LABEL in displayed menu

From: Richard Owlett
Subject: Coerce Grub2 to display partition LABEL in displayed menu
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 09:12:59 -0600

How do I coerce Grub2 to display partition LABEL in displayed menu, instead of device id - i.e. sda1 ... sda10.

I have one machine dedicated to experimenting. It has multiple (differently configured) installs of the same Linux release.

*WITHOUT* manually editing grub.cfg each time I add/remove an OS how force the menu to display the carefully chosen meaningful partition label. I don't care if grub uses UUID's internally. I want a meaningful menu displayed.