help-gsasl

Re: Building GSASL with MinGW and MSYS

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Building GSASL with MinGW and MSYS
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:02:26 +0100

Stefan Schultz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I try to build libgsasl with MinGW and MSYS. But I have some problems. This
> is the build log:
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Stefan Schultz/po'
>
> I'm not familiar with Linux and not sure what this error exactly means. Maybe
> something with the file-paths under Windows. I would appreciate any help!

Hi!  Could you try building in a path that doesn't contain a space ('
') character?  I believe the autoconf/automake/libtool tools have
problems on Windows with paths that contain SPC in the build tree.  I
think I have reported this to them, but there were no response.

In general, GNU SASL should work fine under Windows.  There is even a
Windows installer of GNU SASL available via the Vortex project from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145682

I hope to integrate it with my Windows installer for GnuTLS (see
<http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/>), so that it becomes easy to
install a GnuTLS-enabled GNU SASL too.

Let me know if you have any problems, or can think of something to
improve.

/Simon