help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:21:08 +0100

Lothar May <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> 2009/9/25 Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
>>> Thanks for the fix. After testing on Linux, I'm currently trying to
>>> build it on Windows. Some sha1-defines related issues can be solved by
>>> editing the default config.h.
>>
>> Hi!  What kind of issue?  Maybe something could be improved to make it
>> easier (although sha1 is from gnulib so any fix needs to be generic).
>
> I'm using the msvc project solution in lib/win32. I had to perform the
> following steps:
>
> - add missing source files from lib/gl (I added *.c except
> "gc-libgcrypt.c" and "memchr.c")
> - add source files from lib/scram
> - remove digest-md5 files and deactivate it in config.h (seems to have
> external dependencies)
> - add to config.h:
> #define GNULIB_GC_SHA1 1
> #define GNULIB_GC_HMAC_SHA1 1
> #define USE_SCRAM_SHA1 1
> (the later is probably what is done by the --enable-scram-sha1 option
> when using configure)

Thanks, I have done this in the official git repository now.  It didn't
make it into 1.3.90 though.  Digest-md5 should not have any external
dependencies, though, so could you check what the error message was?
Also maybe I missed some gl/ file.

>>> I'm now getting an error in scram/server.c line 289. The "memmem"
>>> function which is called there does not seem to be portable. I'd
>>> suggest to include a copy of the memmem function for use on Windows.
>>
>> Oops!  Should be fixed now:
>>
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gsasl.git;a=commitdiff;h=30b5fc721305dac42fce6832e33a27d0502eb35a;hp=bd9f20d1ea40e456b20a5ed1602eb5db02cec49b
>
> Thanks for the fix! Compiles and links fine now, as described above.
> If I may ask one more thing (sorry :-) ): I usually do the windows
> builds using mingw, but I cannot make it compile using mingw. I don't
> have a mingw cross compiler, and cannot run the configure script on
> windows. Could you please provide some kind of beta-release/binary
> snapshot on http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ which includes scram?
> That would be really great...

The 1.3.90 build is available from there now.

Thanks,
/Simon