help-gsasl

GNU SASL 1.7.0 - experimental release - SAML20 mechanism

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: GNU SASL 1.7.0 - experimental release - SAML20 mechanism
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:56:29 +0200

The GNU SASL 1.7.x branch is NOT what you want for your stable system.
It is intended for developers and experienced users.

The current 1.5.x development branch will soon turn into stable 1.6.x,
so with this release I'm starting the next development branch: 1.7.x.

The main new feature in the 1.7.x branch is support for the SAML20
mechanism as per this draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-saml-01.txt

To experiment with this, you will want to follow these links:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/manual/html_node/SAML20.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/manual/html_node/Properties.html (search for
SAML)
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsasl.git/tree/tests/saml20.c?h=saml

Since this is implementing an early IETF draft, there is always the risk
that this effort will never go anywhere.  Thus, this work is kept on a
separate branch:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsasl.git/log/?h=saml

It may happen that we decide to revert this feature entirely from GNU
SASL and in that case future releases on the 1.7.x branch will be made
off some other branch.

Here are the compressed sources of the entire package:
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.7.0.tar.gz
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gsasl/gsasl-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig (OpenPGP)

Happy hacking,
Simon