help-gsasl

Re: GS2 with GSASL

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: GS2 with GSASL
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:42:49 +0200

Roman <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I read RFC-5801 on GS2 and I think this would fit our needs. So I will
> update my question to ask more precisely about GS2-features in gsasl 1.8:
>
> quoting rfc5801:
>
> 8. GSS-API Parameters
>
> „...Use or non-use of deleg_req_flag and anon_req_flag is an
> implementation-specific detail. SASL and GS2 implementors are encouraged
> to provide programming interfaces by which clients may choose to
> delegate credentials and by which servers may receive them.“
>
> Question: Is this implemented in gsasl 1.8?

Hi Roman!

No, this is not implemented.  It shouldn't be too hard to do, but
setting up the environment to test it in require some time.  If you have
an environment that could make use of this, I could prepare some
snapshots for you to test.  Is it delegated credential or anonymous
authentication you are interested in?

/Simon