help-gsasl

Re: Connecting to imap on a Microsoft Exchange server with gsasl

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Connecting to imap on a Microsoft Exchange server with gsasl
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:47:07 +0200

address@hidden (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>     . AUTHENTICATE GSSAPI
>     +
>     error: Server did not return expected SASL data (it must begin with '+ '):
>     +
> Indeed it does, no space!

Interesting, I hadn't seen that before.  Could you try modifying
src/imap.c:imap_step_recv a bit?

> Does a work around for this exist, I am being foolhardy in attempting to
> get this working at all, am I overlooking something obvious, or?

If the server really supports GSSAPI properly, making gsasl accept '+'
instead of '+ ' could be all that is required, at least worth trying.

> (I just tried on an Ubuntu 12.04 which has gsasl 1.6.1; on that machine
> the gsasl command ends with "error: server did not return a token" after
> the plus is received.)

Yes, the error messages has changed somewhat.

> I tried using gssapi in Thunderbird as well, just to test - it fails
> with a vague message about the server not accepting the ticket, but the
> message looks rather generic, so I don't know that this necessarily is
> valuable information.

This could be a bit disappointing, since it might suggest there are
actually Kerberos/GSSAPI issues as well.

/Simon