help-gsl

[Help-gsl] Linker error in libgsl.a--- external symbol

From: Prashant.Balasubramanyan
Subject: [Help-gsl] Linker error in libgsl.a--- external symbol
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:06:51 +0100

Hi,

            I am using gsl lib 1.6 with visual C++ 6.0 windows platform.
I am using gsl for complex number calculations. So the files I need are
gsl_complex.h and gsl_compley_math.h. The library I am including is
libgsl.a which is the whole library I suppose.

This is the code I am using for calculations

            gsl_complex z,x;

            GSL_SET_COMPLEX(&z, 3, 4);

            x = gsl_complex_arctan(z);

But when I complile and link the project, I get the following errors

libgsl.a(complex_math.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_log1p

libgsl.a(sys_invhyp.o) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_log1p

I suppose this is a problem with the library, should I include some
other library for this to work... ? Please help me with this problem

Regards

Prashant