help-gsl

[Help-gsl] failed linking in gsl-1.7 on MacBookPro

From: Alessandro Toso
Subject: [Help-gsl] failed linking in gsl-1.7 on MacBookPro
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:47:15 -0400

Hi all,

I succesfully installed gsl-1.7 from sources on my MacBook Pro (intel) simply changing the file "fp-darwin.c" according to a previous mail on the gsl-bug list.

However when I compile my program, the linker is not able to resolve some symbols especially when I use ode and rnd functions, while with matrix, eigenvalues functions everything works fine.

The gcc command is:

gcc -Wall -g -I../include -I/usr/local/include/gsl -L/usr/local/ lib ../obj/common.o ../obj/butterworth.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm -o ../ exe/simulation_opt simulation_opt.c

where common.o and butterworth.o use both gsl_matrix function while simulation_opt uses ode function. The error message is:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_gsl_odeiv_step_alloc
_gsl_odeiv_step_apply
_gsl_odeiv_step_free