help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] I have got problems with library...

From: James Bergstra
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] I have got problems with library...
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:26:55 -0400

> I have got some problems, may be I do something incorrect. I have got Fedora
> Core 5 x86_64 installed on my computer. I have installed gsl-1.8. Then I
> have wrote a programm, actually I took the programm code from one of
> examples, compiled it with command
> # gcc 1.c -o 1.out -lgsl -lgslcblas
> then I enter the command
> # ./1.out
> and I have got an error:
> ./1.out: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open

Serj,

I'm sorry to tell you, but your problem [very probably] has nothing to do with
the GSL.

The problem is that your compiler (gcc) can't find the library file
(libgsl.so.0).  You might try to install a pre-packaged binary from Fedora Core,
if one exists or else you might try to locate (by hand) the library that you
built.  If you find it, modify your compilation command to read something more
like:

gcc 1.c -o 1.out -L/path/to/libgsl -lgsl -lgslcblas

In passing, these are generic instructions on using gcc, so if you have the same
problem with other libraries, try the same fix.

Good luck

--
james bergstra
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~bergstrj