help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] GSL problem

From: William Oquendo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] GSL problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 00:08:23 -0500

Hi, let's keep the thread inside the mailing list.
Where did you install the library? it seems that it is not on the standard
path. Did you pass any flags to the configure command? In any case you can
solve this problem (a loader problem) in several ways:
1) Specifying the path where the loader can find the libgsl file by setting
up the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/the/dir . Setting this variable
permanently like this is not advisable because it can mess qith other
commands.
2) Setting the non-standard lib directory of installation on the file
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ or equivalent in your distro and then updating the
loader (ld.so. something)
3) By recompiling and adding the flag
-Wl,-rpath=/path/to/the/dir/containingthelib
I recommend option 3) Check the syntax, I am not completely sure.
Hope this helps.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 12:06 PM, amin izadi <address@hidden> wrote:

> thank you for your patience and replying me.
> 1- I changed the int main(void) to int main()
> 2 I compiled the code with "g++ bessel_func.cpp -o bessel_func -lgsl
> -lgslcblas"
> the code (bessel_func.cpp) was compiled truly.
> but when I run it by "./bessel_func"
> this error appears
> ./bessel_func: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.23: cannot
> wha is wrong and how can I fix it?
> thanks in advance
> Bests
>

> On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 7:56 PM, William Oquendo <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe try adding -lfttw
>> The readme files usually contain instructions regarding complain, and or
>> the tutorial.
>> I think you are confusing header files with the actual library files. The
>> headers, f files ended in .h, contain the declarations. The libraries, what
>> you link with -l, have the implementations.
>>
>> On Jan 1, 2018 10:51, "amin izadi" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>> in fact, I have a little knowledge on C++ and linux.
>>> I did every thing to install the GSL.
>>> why do I have this problem?
>>> Is there any why to  suppress these errors?
>>> I have another problems with FFTW
>>> I hope you can help me
>>> the procedure to install FFTW is the same with GSL
>>> but
>>> when I compile the cpp code related to FFT transform, none of the
>>> functions of the FFTW do not work, but the compiler knows the FFTW3.h
>>> these errors appear when I comple the FFTW_code.cpp which is my code
>>>
>>> g++     FFTW_code.cpp   -o FFTW_code
>>> /tmp/cc5LJUln.o: In function `main':
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0xbd): undefined reference to `fftw_plan_dft_1d'
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0xd3): undefined reference to `fftw_execute'
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0x159): undefined reference to `fftw_destroy_plan'
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0x189): undefined reference to `fftw_plan_dft_1d'
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0x19f): undefined reference to `fftw_execute'
>>> FFTW_code.cpp:(.text+0x305): undefined reference to `fftw_destroy_plan'

--

Best regards / Cordialmente,

William-Fernando Oquendo
Este correo puede carecer de tildes o eñes debido al teclado.