Re: (dynamic-link "libm") doesn't work on guile

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: (dynamic-link "libm") doesn't work on guile
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 21:30:49 -0500

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 06:36:14PM +0800, Alex Vong wrote:
> Hi people,
>

> I got the following error message when trying to dlopen a shared library
> in ~/guix-profile/bin/guile installed by guix:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> (dynamic-link "libm")
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libm", message: "file not found"
>
> Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
>

> I think it is a guix-specific problem since /usr/bin/guile installed by
> debian works fine:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> (dynamic-link "libm")
> $1 = #<dynamic-object "libm">
>

> Any idea?

Usually when a Debian package works while the Guix package fails, I
examine the Debian packaging, especially the file at 'debian/rules'.

You can find those on the package web page [0] as the [...]debian.tar.xz
file and surely through some command-line tool.

[0] Make sure to select your Debian release (Jessie, Stretch, etc):
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/guile-2.0