developing for guix with git

From: Ni* Gillmann
Subject: developing for guix with git
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:31:09 +0100

Following yesterdays "bug" I have a question which is only partly Guix
related and more development/git style related.

I am used to develop on things which I do not have to build and they
usually just work. Branching was never an issue.
However with guix it started to become one apparently, as I can build
the guix sourcetree from git clone with the master checkout but not
while being on the local branch I created to work on lispf4, which does
track the master.

I know it used to work, but this is strange for me. What are some ways,
other than directly working on master and rebasing often, people here do
interact with git while working on guix? In other words, how do you
locally handle guix development?

--
ng/ni*
vcard: http://krosos.sdf.org