Re: Export archive and import it on another machine

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Export archive and import it on another machine
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:25:22 +0000

On February 19, 2016 6:06:10 PM CET, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 09:42:59AM +0000, 白い熊@相撲道 wrote:
>>

>> On February 18, 2016 11:34:52 PM CET, Leo Famulari
><address@hidden> wrote:
>another
>> >one — the reason I'm doing this is that with the latest git checkout
>> >when I try to install it on a PC with a newly installed GuixSD it
>keeps
>> >building it from source and failing.

>> >libreoffice-5.0.3.2.nar

>failed
>> >with exit code 1

>> >Hm, I'm not sure. Are you sure the source machine's public key is in
>> >/etc/guix/acl?
>>
>> I think it is — I see one entry in the acl file, but since it's a
>hash I don't know how to confirm that it represents the much shorter
>hash found in the source machine's signing-key.pub file.
>
>Typically there would only be one entry in the acl file, containing
>hydra.gnu.org's public key.
>
>So, unless you do not use substitutes from hydra.gnu.org, there should
>be two keys.
>
>Also, I believe that the imported key should match the contents of
>signing-key.pub. I tested this functionality while reading your message
>yesterday and that was my experience. Perhaps try importing the public
>key again?

Ugh — figured it out — this was dumb on my part. I was running “$ sudo guix
archive --authorize < signing-key.pub”, which obviously doesn't extend to input
redirection — so nothing was authorized.

Now I truly ran “# guix archive --authorize < signing-key.pub”, it authorized
the key.

Then I was able to import libreoffice to the store — the directory is there.

However, it's not installed in my profile — “guix package -I” doesn't list it.
Running “guix package -i libreoffice” again wants to rebuild it. How do I
install the one that's been imported to the store?
--
白い熊@相撲道