Re: Wired networking problems after guix system reconfigure

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Wired networking problems after guix system reconfigure
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 13:47:38 +0100

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 10:50:51AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I would recommend using one of the WiFi dongles that has the Respect
> Your Freedom stamp, typically things based on Atheros chipsets (the
> ‘ath9k’ driver) for which there exists free firmware.  See for instance:
>
> https://www.fsf.org/news/ryf-certification-thinkpenguin-usb-with-atheros-chip

Or this one:
   https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/tehnoetic
to be vendor neutral. I have one of them and it works out of the box
with Guix(SD).

So let us point to the RYF webpage:
   https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
Whatever ends up there should be supported by us, I think.

Andreas