Re: Cannot clone repositories over HTTPS with Git

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Cannot clone repositories over HTTPS with Git
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:55:55 +0200

Roel Janssen <address@hidden> skribis:

> Thompson, David writes:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Roel Janssen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Dear Guix,
>>>
>>> With the Git provided by GNU Guix, I cannot seem to clone repositories
>>> over HTTPS:
>>> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/roelj/inklingreader.git/':
>>> server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
>>>
>>> Am I missing a package that provides common CA files?
>>
>> GIT_SSL_CAINFO=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
>>
>> This "just works" on GuixSD.
>
> Thank you for your reply.  Do you know which package provides
> "/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt"? (And how could I have found out?)

It’s ‘nss-certs’:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/X_002e509-Certificates.html#X_002e509-Certificates

I’ve added a reference to this section under “Application Setup” so that
users on foreign distros are more likely to stumble upon it:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=b3129f2b761a371105e6d213519e5c71930cb419

HTH!

Ludo’.