Re: Question about nix

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Question about nix
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 22:36:46 +0300

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 10:54:58AM -0400, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> Good day everyone,
>
> Recently I have been looking into rkt and acbuild which are both built
> with golang.  But as there is no golang package in guix yet I was
> considering using nix since there is a package for that in guix (and nix
> has packages for go, rkt and acbuild).
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any infomation on running Nix on
> guixSD. Perhaps in guix oriented way using the "config.scm" (guix system
> reconfigure).
>
> I'm also curious as to whereter guix and nix can share "/gnu/store" or do
> they need to run with their own stores?
>
> Also is the go/golang package still being worked on? I am not sure how
> much help I would be, but I would be willing to help out any way I can.
> Time permitting of course.

I have a non-working package for go. It builds fine, but it currently has
"cgo_enabled" set to 0, so I've been told it doesn't actually work. Its
totally possible I have other variables set wrong, I don't actually do
any programming in go, so I followed the go docs as best I could.

Either toss it in your GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH (and change the header from
(packages golang)) or do `guix package -f golang.scm', which should do
the trick.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר