Re: cleaning the store

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: cleaning the store
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:09:35 +0200

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:10:53PM +0200, Catonano wrote:

If you make a change to your cider recipe, then the "relics" can't
interfere with later builds, because the new cider directory in
/gnu/store will have a new hash. It is impossible for the build process
to guess the hash of the old cider "relics", so they won't be used.

If you don't change the cider recipe, then the relics will be used.

Because I tried several variations of the recipe and got always the same error, I thought something wrong was happening.

Now I notice that at least one of the unreachable dependencies is not well packaged.

I guess I was a bit confused, sorry